Careers - Test Engineer
There is currently an exciting opportunity for a Test Engineer at Permaconn.
About the Role
Permaconn is looking for a test engineer, who will be responsible for testing products to ensure the quality of product released is high and meets all documented requirements.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Test all software and devices conform to requirements and identify possible user issues before release.
- Requirements analysis and subsequent test case design, development, execution and administration
- Write and maintain up-to-date test cases to systematically test all features of Permaconn products.
- Write tests in a way that is easy to understand, follow, and repeat while striving to have the best test coverage for the least execution time
- Setup testbeds to match practical scenarios and clearly document these in a central location so that it can be setup again later or replicated by another person if needed.
- Ensures test results and documentation is thoroughly and accurately completed, and stored centrally for quick access and reference by others.
- Analyze issues during testing and provide details on how to reproduce problems to development, and provide feedback on how to fix problems.
- Participate in debugging software issues
- Analyze and reproduce field-reported issues and confirm defects or provide feedback on expected behaviour.
- Be a product champion, who understands how to use Permaconn products from top-to-bottom and inside-out.
- Keep abreast of technology changes, always be learning new things that will help test products faster and more effectively.
- Write manual test cases with future automatability taken into account
- Identify best value test cases for automation
- Write automated test scripts to execute test cases without user intervention
- Develop and maintain the automated test framework and associated libraries.
- Use Python scripting to automate test cases to minimize effort on repetitive tasks maximizing test coverage and repeatability.
You will be passionate about quality and deeply curious about how things work. You have a keen interest in exploring and finding where things don’t work as expected, so that you can help the team to ultimately deliver a better product.
- A bachelor degree in a relevant engineering discipline is preferred but not essential.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in testing networking devices.
- Experience with setup, configuration, and use of network devices such as routers, switches, VoIP phones.
- Methodical approach to testing
- Troubleshooting problems
- Deep understanding of computer networking
- Scripting in at least one language (preferably Python)
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of tasks
- Customer focus
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Punctual with hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
Permaconn, based in Rydalmere, is the Australian market leader in mission-critical signalling solutions for the electronic security industry. Our communications solutions provide a private and secure network that ensures alarm signals are securely delivered from protected premises to Monitoring Centres. We are a founder led business and we value customer service and long-term relationships with our customers and our people. We are growing rapidly and have recently moved to new, larger premises. We have an inclusive culture and a key focus on supporting our staff to grow and improve. We are a forward thinking organisation with a cutting-edge technology stack and we’re excited to be adding a new member to our engineering team!
Benefits of working at Permaconn:
- Role has opportunity to grow and develop to take on more senior responsibilities
- A friendly, small-team environment, with weekly team building lunches provided
- Based in Rydalmere, close to Ferry and Bus routes
- Good work-life balance
- Parking available
Please click here to submit your cover letter and resume.