Careers - Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
There is currently an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer at Permaconn.
About the Role
As a key member of the engineering team at Permaconn, the successful candidate will be expected to lead the software development of software for the Permaconn product suite.
The main responsibilities for the role are:
- Drive the development of software to project schedule and meet internal and external commitments for product.
- Provides estimates of effort to complete tasks, and provides proactive updates on progress or changes to estimated effort.
- Ensure software is thoroughly tested before release, and unit-tests are defined for all major features to help with regression testing and refactoring efforts.
- Undertake code reviews with other engineers both to share knowledge and identify issues in code as early as possible.
- Document software architecture, design, procedures, and other know-how in a central location for ease of reference by others.
- Deliver quality software on-time and to specification.
- Ensure that team understands requirements and clarifies these with the business as needed.
- Timely resolution of field issues to minimize impact to customers.
You will be passionate about software engineering and have at least 10 years of related experience in software development.
- Bachelor of engineering in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in software development
- Experience with developing web applications and portals
- Experience with remote device management or fleet management
- Demonstrable UX experience - a relentless focus on making things easy for the customer
- Experience with computer networking
- Experience leading a team is preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of application security: OWASP
- Knowledge of how to structure code for testability
- Responsive design
- RESTful APIs
- Docker and containerised applications
- Version control with Git/Gitlab
- working in a Linux-based development environment
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of tasks
- Customer focus
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- A knack for teamwork and the ability to work with people across a range of functional areas
- Able to document features and troubleshoot fix issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
Permaconn, based in Rydalmere, is the Australian market leader in mission-critical signalling solutions for the electronic security industry. Our communications solutions provide a private and secure network that ensures alarm signals are securely delivered from protected premises to Monitoring Centres. We are a founder led business and we value customer service and long-term relationships with our customers and our people. We are growing rapidly and have recently moved to new, larger premises. We have an inclusive culture and a key focus on supporting our staff to grow and improve. We are a forward thinking organisation with a cutting-edge technology stack and we’re excited to be adding a new member to our engineering team!
Benefits of working at Permaconn:
- A friendly, small-team environment, with weekly team building lunches provided
- Based in Rydalmere, close to Ferry and Bus routes
- Good work-life balance
- Parking available
Please click here to submit your cover letter and resume.